September 22nd is the second World Narcolepsy Day. Last year Narcolepsy Australia organised “Meet Up’s” around the country, but unfortunately due to the C-19 Pandemic this will not be happening this year.
The American non-profit organization Project Sleep co leads an awareness campaign with a series of online activities, story sharing events and training sessions throughout September to honor and empower our diverse international community.
On Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2020 at 9 a.m. EDT, Project Sleep will host a featured event, “Narcolepsy Around the World: An International Panel of Experts” with preeminent experts across five continents, including:
- David Cunnington, MD, Melbourne Sleep Disorders Centre, Australia
- Yves Dauvilliers, MD, PhD, University of Montpellier, France
- Yu-shu Huang, MD, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and University, Taiwan
- Christianne Martins Bahia, MD, Rio de Janeiro State University, Brazil
- Emmanuel Mignot, MD, PhD, Stanford University, USA
- Giuseppe Plazzi, MD, PhD, University of Bologna, Italy
The panel will highlight recent research updates, the impacts of the 2020 global pandemic and any unique barriers faced in treating patients with narcolepsy in their respective countries. To watch this live broadcast, tune in via Project Sleep’s Facebook Page on Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2020, at 9 a.m. EDT: https://www.facebook.com/ProjectSleepAwareness/.
To learn more about narcolepsy and be the first to know about Project Sleep’s World Narcolepsy Day activities, visit our World Narcolepsy Day webpage.